Happy Fourth of July!
We love summer! Our afternoon's are filled with family and loved ones, baked goods, barbecue, laughter, fun, the salt air, and the sand between our toes. Independence Day is such a fun-filled day for us to celebrate our blessings.
We have carefully selected some of our favorite recipes for these summer Sunday afternoons. We hope you enjoy them at home.
We would like to wish a Happy 4th of July to all and a huge thank you to all of those who serve to protect our country and freedoms.
Visit and share us on Instagram and Facebook. We would love to hear how these recipes turned out for all of y'all.
We want to welcome our new customers and hope you are all enjoying our updated website. Thank you for your continued support.
God Bless You,
Mac & Cheese
1 (8-oz) package elbow macaroni
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cup all-purpose flour
2 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp fresh ground Spicy Caribbee Peppercorns
1 (8-oz) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (8-oz) block Gouda cheese, shredded
2 tbsp flaky breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Keep warm.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk, and 1 1/2 cup of each cheese.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Guava BBQ Sauce
8 oz. Spicy Caribbee Guava Jam
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp Spicy Caribbee Smoked Paprika
1/2 tsp freshly ground Spicy Caribbee Peppercorns
1 tbs Spicy Caribbee Guava Picante
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat until boiling.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the guava jam has dissolved and the sauce thickens to the desired consistency, about 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
3. Allow to cool to room temperature, and then use or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to a week.
1/3 cup Kosher salt.
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 tbsp Spicy Caribbee Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp freshly ground Spicy Caribbee Caribbee Peppercorns
1 tbsp Spicy Caribbee Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp Dry Mustard
1 tbsp garlic powder
4 pounds baby back pork ribs (3 slabs)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups Guava BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees with rack in the center.
2 Stir together salt, brown sugar, smoked paprika, pepper, dry mustard, and garlic powder in a bowl.
3. Removetin outer membrane on the back of ribs by loosening with a butter knife and pulling it off; descard. Brush slabs evenly with olive oil; sprinkle with spice mixture generously, gently patting to adgere. Chill at least 4 hours.
4.Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set a wire rake inside sheet. Wrap each slab with heavy duty aluminum foil; place on prepared wire rack. Bake in preheated oven until tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
5. Remove from oven; brush slabs evenly with remaining guava barbecue sauce. Increase oven temperature to broil,
and return ribs to center rack. Broil until sauce bubbles and starts to caramelize, 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven; let rest for 5 minutes.
Cast Iron Skillet Cookie
6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp Spicy Caribbee Puerto Rican Vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp Spicy Caribbee Sea Salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars with a wooden spoon. Stir in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chips.
3. Transfer to a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Form a ball and place in the center; flatten and smooth top.
4. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
5. Serve with ice cream.