Happy 2022 to all of our Spicy Caribbee family!
Wishing you all good health, fantastic meals and quality time with your family and friends.
We will continue sharing more of our recipes with you and invite you to share your favorite Spicy Caribbee recipes with us so we can enjoy them as well.
Every time our family visits, they crave "Asopao de Camarones" which is a "soupy rice with shrimp". It's savory, hearty and absolutely delicious!
God Bless you,
Asopao de Camarones
- 1/4 cup medium grain white rice
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 3 tbs. Dona Nery's Sofrito
- 1 tbs. Sunsational Garlic
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- Spicy Caribbee Herbed Sea Salt
- 2 lbs. large raw, deveined, shell-on shrimp
- 4 cups shrimp broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2/3 cups fresh cut cilantro
- 1 lime
Recipe (4 servings)
- Peel shrimp and boil shells in a 4 1/2 cups of water to make the broth. Set aside.
- Season the shrimp with Herbed Sea Salt. Set aside.
- Sauté the red pepper, red onion, and tomato in the olive oil in a caldero "heavy pot" over medium-low heat. Add a pinch of Herbed Sea Salt and sauté for 5 minutes more.
- Add Dona Nery's Sofrito, Sunsational Garlic and 1/2 cup of white wine. Continue sautéing until wine reduction.
- Strain the shrimp broth and add to caldero, bring to a boil.
- Add 1/4 cup of uncooked rice. Cook 15-20 minutes over medium low heat.
- Once rice is cooked add shrimp and cook until pink.
- Add 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro. Stir and add juice of 1 lime.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
Serve with tostones, avocado and your favorite Spicy Caribbee Hot Sauce.