We recommend our Jerk Sauce with this fabulous recipe.
Sticky Jerk Salmon with Mango slaw
- 2 heaped tbsp Jamaican jerk paste
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 4 salmon fillet
- juice 2 limes
- ½ red cabbage, core removed, thinly sliced
- 1 firm but ripe mango, skin removed, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Mix the jerk paste and 1 tbsp honey together in a bowl. Place the salmon fillets on a foil-lined baking tray and brush all over with the sauce. Cook on the top shelf for 8-10 mins or until just cooked through (move the tray down a shelf if the salmon starts getting too caramelised).
- Meanwhile, put the remaining honey, lime juice and some seasoning in a large bowl and mix together. Add the red cabbage, mango, pepper, spring onions and coriander, and toss through the dressing. Serve the salmon on a pile of the slaw.
154 Cristo St., Old San Juan, Puerto Rico
Store hours: M-Sat 10:00AM to 6:00PM, Sun 11:00AM to 5:00PM
Copyrights © 2016 by Spicy Caribbee. All rights reserved.
This material may not be duplicated for any profit-driven enterprise.